Thursday, April 22, 2010

What are you going to do

How I was a bad parent today
  • Let my child run in the house
  • Let my child vacuum
Running in the House
Exercise is good for kids and so I see no reason why they can not exercise in the house.  We have one area in the house that my child can run around and get out some excess energy.  I have to say that it works well, I even run with him.  So if you need a good game to play to wear out your child, set up a place in your house to let you kid just run free.

Child Labor
No one likes to do house work so I try and make if somewhat fun.  For some odd reason my child likes to help vacuum.  So you know what why not let the little one help.  Of course it takes twice as long to get the house vacuumed, but I am spending time with my child and he really enjoys it.  Plus it is a great way to teach your child how to take turns.  I know it sounds crazy, but that is how I taught my son to take turns.  You just have to find some odd thing they like to do and capitalize on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment